Motor Vehicle Accident

If you have been involved in a motor vehicle accident (MVA), you should be seen by a health care professional who can properly assess your condition. Upon notification to your insurance company about your accident, they will send you a package with a request to complete an OCF-1 form to apply for accident benefit funding. As you only have 30 days to complete the OCF-1 form, we recommend contacting our clinic immediately following your accident so as not to delay the recovery process. Our client services team will take the necessary information required to get treatment started. Depending on the extent of your injuries, you may benefit from physiotherapymassage therapydriver rehabilitationoccupational therapy and/or psychology.

Here is a general overview of what you should expect:
  • Notify your insurance company of your accident.
  • Contact our clinic and provide our client services team with the following:
    • Your name, address, contact information and date of birth.
    • The date of your accident.
    • Your insurance company, policy number and claim number.
    • The name of your insurance adjuster.
    • The name of your extended benefit company. Auto insurance guidelines mandate that all extended benefit coverage must be used prior to utilizing your accident benefits from your insurance company. If you do not have extended benefits, your accident benefit funds will be accessed immediately to cover costs associated with your therapy assessments and treatments. Treatment fees that will be re-imbursed to you by extended health will require payment on the day you receive service. When possible we will take care of billing your extended health company. We will always direct bill your auto insurance company so you donít have to worry about it.

Your first visit to our clinic:

  • Bring your OCF-1 form (application for accident benefits) if you need assistance completing it.
  • If your insurance package included a request to complete a disability certificate (OCF-3 form), bring it to your appointment and a therapist will thoroughly review and complete it with you.
  • If you have extended health benefits, bring in a copy of your allowable amounts and submission form.
  • Following your assessment, our physiotherapist will submit a recommended treatment plan to your insurance company for approval. By law, the insurance company has 10 business days to respond. We will contact you once their response is received.
  • If you have been seriously injured in a motor vehicle accident, you will likely require an occupational therapist to visit you in your home or just prior to your hospital discharge in order to assess how to help you with items such as housekeeping, attendant care or assistive devices. This request may come to us through a third party such as a lawyer or case manager or be a recommendation from our physiotherapist. As with all our services provided for motor vehicle accident clients, we will also take care of requesting approval through your insurance company.

It is important that you are working with experienced therapists who understand the auto insurance system and know how to properly document all of your injuries, big or small. If little details are missed early on in your diagnosis, it could make a difference to your future. Skill Builders has been helping clients who are injured in motor vehicle accidents for over fifteen years and understands both client needs and how to effectively navigate through the insurance process.

Request Appointment

Request Now

© Skill Builders Rehabilitation | Website By MediaSuite Inc.